Howell Cat Owners Home Veterinary Handbook
Delbert G. Carlson DVM & James M. Giffin MD - Hardcover
From pediatrics to geriatrics, this lavishly praised book is one of the clearest and most comprehensive works on cat health ever written. Definitely a book you will want in your library! A classic bestseller- fully revised and updated!
Many veterinary treatments for cats were based on research conducted with dogs because it was wrongly assumed that cats were very similar.
- An index of signs and symptoms to help you find information fast
- Clearly written, step-by-step directions for handling common feline ailments and problems
- Hundreds of photos, drawings, and tables that illustrate what to look for and how to provide the best care for your cats
- Anatomical drawings and diagrams
- Genetics, geriatrics, drug sensitivities, raw diets, arthritis medications, dental disease, and more
- Information on supplements, nutraceuticals, and holistic treatments that have proven beneficial
- Interesting findings on cat behavior
Whether you have a kitten or a senior cat, this resource helps you quickly identify potential problems, take proper steps in emergency situations, better understand diagnoses and treatment options, and communicate more effectively with your veterinarian. This is the hands-on reference you'll trust again and again.
over 600 pages